27 Oct 2004

Just read the saint must walk alone,
Another one by Tozer. Man this guy has inisght though I moght agree with everything he said but he does have a real eye for the human condition. I particularly like the one where he commented that when a Christian complains he is lonely other Christians will say that Christ will always be with you and other cliches. I felt so vindicated as the articles said that at the end of the day loneliness does happen because you carry your OWN cross by yourself and 'no one is a friend of the person who carries the cross'. Even Jesus was LONELY; his disciples were asleep and when He was arrested the ran away. He was surrounded by a crowd on the road to Golgotha but he was not among friends. Other examples were given Abraham was alone when God spoke, Moses...it reflects that they seek God more than other people and because of this they have no peers that can understand them when they talk about the revelations of God. Only Noah could understand why God wants to flood the world.
He points out that the saint is alone not because he wants to be but because his life of holiness leads away from others. True he does not avoid them so he can reach out to them but then again people just drift away from you like when people have stories of how wild their weekend have been and all you have to offer is helping in Kidz Klub which is no smooth paddle down the river and Sunday school. Well people will think that you are boring because of this and well they don't talk to you as much becuase they know your commitment to your Saviour and week in and week out you will be there at the same place.
One thing about that article I can see myself in it, man. They are so few people I can connect to in class at least at a deeper level. Hey I can talk about politics and anything under the sun but there aren't really many people I can share about the Bible verse that spoke to me when I was praying this morning( though I did put it up on my blog, check the one about SOS:)) Now I am not saying I am that holy but it ihow I feel sometimes and I like especially in the end they talk about action. When you pray and remember the poor widow stop praying feed her and then continue. Wow that is the way to go man..Hope I can practise that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I learnt recently... as a leader, it is always a life that is lonely, yet not alone.

To be able to rise up like one of these men of God from the bible... there is a definitely a sense of loneliness, and yet, we have a great cloud of witnesses cheering us on to keep on running this race... lonely but not alone. Interesting huh? :)

Tan said...

Yes I must say it is interesting,
But sometimes I wish I can hear them cheer. In fact I like being alone. Towards the end of my time in school, you know the weeks before the exams I enjoy coming because I will be the only one there. It gave me time to think and reflect but you see I was never totally alone there is the sound of the lower Forms a sort of comforting drone in the distance and also the whoosh of the cars. But sometimes, you know one of those times that you can connect with God, all quiet and alone..now those I don't feel lonely at all... too bad it is not one of those regular things.

You will be cultured once you worked through the list

My current project is listening to all the albums listed on this list titled Best Jazz Albums: 50 Essentials You Need to Hear. And once yo...