15 Nov 2004

Just a short one about prayer,
Of many years now I thought it was wrong to ask God for things because it should never be about things but now I realised it is OK to share with God what you want...Jesus did that too...He prayed for the cup to be taken away..but in the end submitted to the will of the Father...I guess God wants us to pray eventhough He knows what we want because He wants us to talk to him...just like I would everyone to talk to me everyday...especially if it is a person I especially care for..same with God and even better He loves us more than we can ever imagine and err..like the unrequitted lover waiting at the phone....so pray don't be ashamed to ask God for a Ferrarri if that is in your heart..mine is an Alvis Scarab....babies say stupid nonsense to their dads all the time and yet dads are so full of love...it is like I see all these new dads going all koochikoochigaga when their babies make some kind of noise remotely close to normal human speech....they sound ridiculous but you cannot deny the love...pray for what ever you want and don't feel bad....God just want to hear your voice....but don't expect everything to be answered though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've to realize that prayer is all about communication although there is a tendency for us to think that we should pray in a selfless manner more than in a self-centered one. And i totally agree that we should be like babies, babbling and making all sorts of unintelligible noise sometimes, but what matters is that we communicated to God in the language that He understands best - from our hearts.
Ultimately, I believe it's always good to learn from David's prayers, mostly ending in , thanksgiving, submission, exaltation and reverence for God. -Serena-

You will be cultured once you worked through the list

My current project is listening to all the albums listed on this list titled Best Jazz Albums: 50 Essentials You Need to Hear. And once yo...