14 Nov 2004

I was walking to church this morning,
And I saw a plane flying overhead. It was one of those rare clear blue mornings. The sight brought a thought to my mind. I thought to myslef I could be any where looking at this sight. No matter where you are somesights are the same. I was thinking about the people that the plane was taking its passengers from or to. It works both ways.
Probably when I am flying home some guy on ground will look up see the plane and hopefully not shoot it down and think the things I have thought and wondering who are the people onboard and who they will be seeing.
I also thought about airports and 99% of the people there are just there for a while. The only permanent staff are the janitors and the people at the duty-free shops and for the rest the airport is merely temporary stop. Kind of like life on earth. The temporal and transient and ephemeral. life on this earth is merely an inconvenience before we reach the next but we must live it and also die before we can reach our perfect destination.

No comments:

You will be cultured once you worked through the list

My current project is listening to all the albums listed on this list titled Best Jazz Albums: 50 Essentials You Need to Hear. And once yo...