13 Sept 2005

As I walked home on Sunday,
I looked back and though the sun has set of it rays were still being reflected on a tall cumulus cloud. Majestic was the description. For a moment i can see th big picture and then when I reached home and had my bath, I lost it and began concentrating on my pathetic little self and whining about my loneliness. In this world there are literally billions less fortunate than me and yet for a moment I lose sight of how truly blessed I am and my vision tunneled where just moments before I was looking at the majestic sky speckled with birds tired from a had days work scavenging and going to the nest to feed the brood. Feeling the slight breeze from passing vehicles, the sight of their drivers not knowing but only speculating the thousand stories of joy and tragedy, of love and romance and how every single thing is interconnected and somehow some hwere in the world we know someone who knows this other person and through this person and so on we connected to everyone, and ancestors whom we never knew may have crossed each other paths by marriage, war and trade. Oh to know the story of every living person on earth and the stories they never knew themselves. The well-traveled asphalt laid over many times. The smell of figs and jittery shadow of the flitting bat darting in and out of sight guided by none but the sweet scent of the mango blossoms blooming beneath the moonlight of a night as hot and humid as humid as any summer in Dublin.
Life is beautiful but still why do I want pity?

1 comment:

lingZZ' said...

why do want pity? u gotta search deep in urself... why ya? do u deserve pity? is ur life dat miserable?

as far as i can see...althou i m short sighted... ur life is comfortable...more than comfortable, we live in blessed little penang... we have food, n great penang 'char koay teow' and 'asam laksa' and 'chendol' n u still not counting ur blessings! those poor souls in kl always drive to pg jus to eat u no.and a nice place to stay in...reasonable la... dun ask for the moon when u have a piece of green cheese la...haha...ya, lame i no... is there such a thing as green cheese? not sure myself... u would know.... a bed to sleep on, a place to study, enough cash not to broke all the time... enought to eat can d la, i'm forever broke thank to my great shopping sprees all year round, n i still happily give in church...watever i have left la...hee hee...God knows our needs... n for me, i can assuredly say, He has given abundantly... not till we r all bloated wid our material possessions, but more than enough that we can give to others...

and yet we complain...kinda ungrateful ya... think of the israelites.. God jus spilted the red sea, they were happy to be free.yay!! but guess wat? no food... *complain* *grumble* *sulk* dun we all do that? and then we look at the ppl of the OT and judge...aiyo, if God spilt the red sea for me, i won be so ungrateful n complain so much...

look at our selves... i have done my share of lamenting... n complaining...God knows la... and He is patient... dun put Our God to test...

You will be cultured once you worked through the list

My current project is listening to all the albums listed on this list titled Best Jazz Albums: 50 Essentials You Need to Hear. And once yo...