11 Jan 2005

I am back after a quite long hiatus due to exams and holidays,
A word about the tsunami since everyone has an opinion. In a way the many foreigners were like me, going on a holiday. I went to the UK. Except the UK wasn't swept by a tsunami but I can imagine just like me before their eagerly awaited trip they were telling their friends excitedly about it not knowing that they will meet their doom. It could've have happen to me.
On a tragic note it is quite ironic that I do not know anyone personally who was affected but a church friend from Switzerland knows a friend from home who was missing and presumed dead. She was upset. I don't know but to be found dead would've been much better for at least it gives some closure rather than a nagging feeling that that person might be still alive. Witness the families of Missing In Action troops in Vietnam. They are still clinging to the hope that these soldiers are still alive.

No comments:

You will be cultured once you worked through the list

My current project is listening to all the albums listed on this list titled Best Jazz Albums: 50 Essentials You Need to Hear. And once yo...