22 Sept 2004

Hmmmm...,
some suggestions..
1. education should be more than about pumping a student with enough knowledge to pass the exams....there should also be some kind of character building activity...picking up garbage in school debatable though .but there will be ideas.
2. kids nowadays know more about contraception than any generation but they still have no idea what parenting ensues...there should somekind of parenting skills training if they are also going to include sex education..anyway isn't sex almost always the prerequisite for becoming a parent.

2 comments:

.:dewgem:. said...

Hello Guo Jeng!

Putting my first comment here. Hope all your ideas here in this blog will inspire people to start something, to start a mission. And ultimately to give the glory to God!

Dewgem

LL said...

Not very relevant to your suggestion,but your statement on picking up garbage in school made me laugh (from the memory of it in primary and secondary school).At first, i joined the crowds in complaining/moaning as we "laboured" to clean the school yards-making the job more burdensome and nurture a sense of injustice towards the school for using free labour.However,God challenged the condition of my heart:Why do I complain?Our of sheer laziness?Following the crowd's opinions? What happened to that thankfulness to God in the midst of irksome jobs?Can't I thank Him for my health-I can pick up rubbish; Can't I thank Him for the time I can spend yakking with my friends? Can't I see the bigger picture of serving the school? Etc,etc.
I thank God for that lesson learnt on having a thankful heart.Funny thing is,the lesson always gets emphasized again and again whenever I forget.Not in situations of picking up rubbish, but all sorts of things - commenting on the government of the nation, of corruption, of lousy lecturers, lousy school system, everything! It all started from picking up garbage in school.. ;)

Ps.. I think both your suggestions are excellent anyway!

You will be cultured once you worked through the list

My current project is listening to all the albums listed on this list titled Best Jazz Albums: 50 Essentials You Need to Hear. And once yo...